TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Participating in a yoga teacher training requires a strong commitment from both student and teacher. Trainings can be transformative and should not be entered into lightly. For the training to be a positive container of learning we require you to read, understand and agree to the following terms and conditions.
You agree that:
In registering and linking to these online trainings that a refund will only be provided if less than 50% of the content has been completed within 30 days.
That you are physically and mentally fit to practice yoga, yoga nidra and/or meditation. That you have moved any sharp objects/furniture out of the way of your yoga space and have a clear space in which to practice.
That the instructor Leonie Lockwood is unable to provide you with any personal feedback during the classes. That the instructor Leonie Lockwood or her associates, is not liable for any injury that may occur by you practicing the sequences found in these online trainings.
That, in registering and linking to these trainings via Thinkific and Zoom, that you accept and agree to these terms and conditions.
That you have access to a viable computer, internet, yoga props and space in which to practice yoga safely in your home.
Payment plans are available for courses 10 hours + in content.
All cancellation/refund requests must be received in writing/email. Deposits will not be refunded.
- If you cancel 2 weeks before the course start date and have paid in full, you will receive a full refund.
- No refund will be provided if you have completed either 50% of the course or 30 days have passed since purchase.
- There are no refunds if you are ill, if you change your mind or if your personal circumstances change and you are unable to meet your payment plan.
- There are no refunds for technical problems that you may experience.
- Transfers to other training products is not permitted.
- Your place in the course will be cancelled if you provide log in details to the course/s to other parties.
- Your place in the course cannot be transferred to anyone else.
- If we cancel the course, a full refund will be provided to you.
A qualification and certification will be awarded only if the following conditions are met:
- The student is successful in passing the all online assessments at 100% and any other theoretical and practical assessments.
- All homework assessments are completed to a satisfactory standard.
- The student has arrived on time to livestream lectures and has committed to learning.
- The student has a 100% attendance record. If a student cannot attend a lecture, the student may be required to make up this time at a later date with the Teacher Trainer at the cost of AUD$100 per hour depending on the lecture (reason for absence will be taken into consideration).
There may be times when photographs or footage is taken by Leonie Lockwood Yoga/Flowing Life Yoga during the training. I hereby give permission in perpetuity and without fee for Leonie Lockwood Yoga/Flowing Life Yoga to use this photography and footage in which I may appear in any media or format for promotional purposes. I acknowledge that Leonie Lockwood Yoga owns all rights to the photography and footage. I appear voluntarily and there is no existing restriction or obligation that would prevent me from appearing. Should I not wish to appear in any photography/video, then I will advise Leonie Lockwood Yoga/Flowing Life Yoga so that care can be taken not to capture my image.
It is recommended that you consult your physician before beginning any yoga training program. Students are required to listen to their own body, mind and energetic state and work within their own limitations. If any movements hurt or are uncomfortable, it is the student’s responsibility to notify the teacher and never take any exercise to a level of pain.
Notice is hereby given that all arrangements made on behalf of participants are made by the organisers on the sole condition that the organisers shall not be held responsible for any injury, death, accident, illness, delay, loss, damage, act of negligence, or irregularity. The undersigned hereby also agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Leonie Lockwood Yoga/Flowing Life Yoga and any guest instructor/ assistant against liability, damages, costs, loss or expense (including without limitation, legal fees) arising out of any bodily or mental injury, illness, or loss at any time sustained by the undersigned.
I understand that in signing up to this course that I will be placed on the mailing list of Leonie Lockwood Yoga for the purposes of course communication and promotional material. I understand that I can opt-out of this at any time through written request.
- I have clarified any outstanding questions I may have via email before purchase.
- I understand that at times, the training is experiential and may require me to explore on a deeper level my inner world. As such I will take full responsibility for my own health and wellbeing and my actions throughout the training.
- I will communicate any challenges or needs that may arise with the facilitator and/or assistant.
- I understand that certification will only be provided with 100% attendance and completion of theoretical/practical assessments.
- I understand that if I miss any of the livestream section of the course, that I may be required to make up those hours with the Teacher Trainer, prior to the course finishing at a rate of $100 per hour.
- I agree to attend the training with an open, curious mind.
- I understand that my place in the course is not secure until full payment has been made.
- I have read, understood and agree fully with these Terms and Conditions, the training details and other information provided.
This website (Site) has been accessed through Leonie Lockwood Yoga/Flowing Life Yoga ABN 200 912 091 44 (we, our or us) to Thinkific.
It is available at: www.leonielockwood.com.au www.leonielockwoodtraining.thinkific.com and may be available through other addresses or channels.
Please read these Terms carefully and immediately cease using our Site if you do not agree to them.
We may, at any time and at our discretion, vary these Terms by publishing the varied terms on our Site. We recommend you check our Site regularly to ensure you are aware of our current terms. Materials and information on this Site (Content) are subject to change without notice. We do not undertake to keep our Site up-to-date and we are not liable if any Content is inaccurate or out-of-date.
Licence to use our Site
We grant you a non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable, worldwide, non-transferable licence to use our Site in accordance with these Terms. All other uses are prohibited without our prior written consent.
You must not do or attempt to do anything: that is unlawful; prohibited by any laws applicable to our Site; which we would consider inappropriate; or which might bring us or our Site into disrepute, including (without limitation):
- anything that would constitute a breach of an individual’s privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual’s consent) or any other legal rights
- using our Site to defame, harass, threaten, menace or offend any person
- interfering with any user using our Site
- tampering with or modifying our Site, knowingly transmitting viruses or other disabling features, or damaging or interfering with our Site, including (without limitation) using trojan horses, viruses or piracy or programming routines that may damage or interfere with our Site
- using our Site to send unsolicited email messages, or
- facilitating or assisting a third party to do any of the above acts.
Exclusion of competitors
You are prohibited from using our Site, including the Content, in any way that competes with our business.
No commercial use
Our Site is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not use our Site, or any of the Content, for commercial purposes, including any advertising or advertising revenue generation activity on your own website or any other platform, without obtaining a licence to do so from us.
The Content is not comprehensive and is for general information purposes only. It does not take into account your specific needs, objectives or circumstances, and it is not advice. While we use reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the Content, we make no representation or warranty in relation to it, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Intellectual Property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, we own or licence all rights, title and interest (including intellectual property rights) in our Site and all of the Content. Your use of our Site and your use of and access to any Content does not grant or transfer to you any rights, title or interest in relation to our Site or the Content. You must not:
- copy or use, in whole or in part, any Content;
- reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any Content to any third party; or
- breach any intellectual property rights connected with our Site or the Content, including (without limitation) altering or modifying any of the Content, causing any of the Content to be framed or embedded in another website or platform, or creating derivative works from the Content.
You may be permitted to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit relevant information and content (User Content) on our Site. By making available any User Content on or through our Site, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free licence to use the User Content, with the right to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, communicate, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, or otherwise exploit such User Content on, through or by means of our Site.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all User Content that you make available on or through our Site. You represent and warrant that:
- you are either the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licences, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to us the rights in such User Content (as contemplated by these Terms), and
- neither the User Content nor the posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmission of the User Content or our use of the User Content on, through or by means of our Site will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- We do not endorse or approve, and are not responsible for, any User Content. We may, at any time (at our sole discretion), remove any User Content.
Third party sites
Our Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not control, endorse or approve, and are not responsible for, the content on those websites. You should make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of those websites.
We may, at any time and without notice to you, discontinue our Site, in whole or in part. We may also exclude any person from using our Site, at any time and at our sole discretion. We are not responsible for any Liability you may suffer arising from or in connection with any such discontinuance or exclusion.
Warranties and disclaimers
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we make no representations or warranties about our Site or the Content, including (without limitation) that:
- they are complete, accurate, reliable, up-to-date and suitable for any particular purpose;
- access will be uninterrupted, error-free or free from viruses; or
- our Site will be secure.
You read, use and act on our Site and the Content at your own risk.
Limitation of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any loss, damage or expense, howsoever arising, whether direct or indirect and/or whether present, unascertained, future or contingent (Liability) suffered by you or any third party, arising from or in connection with your use of our Site and/or the Content and/or any inaccessibility of, interruption to or outage of our Site and/or any loss or corruption of data and/or the fact that the Content is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you must indemnify us, and hold us harmless, against any Liability suffered or incurred by us arising from or in connection with your use of our Site or any breach of these Terms or any applicable laws by you. This indemnity is a continuing obligation, independent from the other obligations under these Terms, and continues after these Terms end. It is not necessary for us to suffer or incur any Liability before enforcing a right of indemnity under these Terms.
These Terms are effective until terminated by us, which we may do at any time and without notice to you. In the event of termination, all restrictions imposed on you by these Terms and limitations of liability set out in these Terms will survive.
In the event of any dispute arising from, or in connection with, these Terms (Dispute), the party claiming there is a Dispute must give written notice to the other party setting out the details of the Dispute and proposing a resolution. Within 7 days after receiving the notice, the parties must, by their senior executives or senior managers (who have the authority to reach a resolution on behalf of the party), meet at least once to attempt to resolve the Dispute or agree on the method of resolving the Dispute by other means, in good faith. All aspects of every such conference, except the fact of the occurrence of the conference, will be privileged. If the parties do not resolve the Dispute, or (if the Dispute is not resolved) agree on an alternate method to resolve the Dispute, within 21 days after receipt of the notice, the Dispute may be referred by either party (by notice in writing to the other party) to litigation.
If a provision of these Terms is held to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision must be read down as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be valid or enforceable. If it is not possible to read down a provision (in whole or in part), that provision (or that part of that provision) is severed from these Terms without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder of that provision or the other provisions in these Terms.
Your use of our Site and these Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in Victoria and any courts entitled to hear appeals from those courts and waive any right to object to proceedings being brought in those courts.
Our Site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. We make no representation that our Site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access our Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws of the jurisdiction where you access our Site.
For any questions and notices, please contact us at:
Leonie Lockwood Yoga ABN:200 912 091 44
Last updated: August, 2021.